One month Program Diploma in Holistic Spa Therapy
Introduction to spa
History and development
Spa modalities and terms
Spa business evaluations
New spa trends
Spa as a business Venture
Anatomy and physiology
Mechanical and physiological effects of massage
- Basic language skills international languages
- Business communication
- Telephonic skills
- Presentation skills
- Customer handling
- Roll plays
- Yoga history and development
- Basic asanas
- Meditation techniques
- Yoga philosophy
- Yoga teaching skills
- Floor exercise
- Swedish massage is the name that comes to everyone’s mind when they think about massage. As the best-known type of body massage performed today, one of the primary goals of the Swedish massage technique is to relax the entire body and senses. This is accomplished by applying five classical movements. It works on the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart (Venus). Swedish massage goes beyond relaxation by working on the sensual and spiritual levels. Swedish massage is exceptionally beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation and flexibility while easing muscular tension
- Deep tissue massage is the advanced form of Swedish massage. This style mainly focuses on muscular tensions than the sensual relaxation hence its is a sport massage. The deeper pressure, the main specialty of Deep Tissue Massage is beneficial in releasing chronic muscle stiffness. The focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints). A study in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that people's blood pressure fell after a 60 to 90 minute deep tissue massage.
- Foot Reflexology is a Chinese treatment method, can be a deeply relaxing the meridian lines of the energy body. Chinese believe in differences in the flow of energy causes diseases and would be treated by adding pressure on nerve endings on fetes and palms. This is useful for those suffering from plantar fasciitis, ankle injuries through everyday work and activities. This will not only help relieve the pain, ankle pain, plantar fasciitis and common forms of arthritis, but can also decrease stress and anxiety in the entire body. In addition, a variety of stretches can be beneficial. With pain and sensitivity in the foot, heel and calf areas, be sure to communicate your pain levels with your massage therapist during your treatment. It is also a good idea to rest after receiving the reflexology massage.
Thai massage 1st & 2nd Level
- Thai massage is developed by Jivaka Kumar Bhaccha, and is considered as the father of Thai Massage. He is believed as the physician to Lord Buddha. This technique is having more than 2,000 years Tradition and has the routes to India even if it is widly practiced in Thailand.The Ayurveda techniques and principles and traditional Chinese medicine influenced thai massage to get this popularity. For centuries, Thai massage was performed by monks as one component of Thai medicine. Thai massage is more energizing and rigorous than more classic forms of massage. Thai massage is also called Thai yoga massage, because the therapist uses his or her hands, knees, legs, and feet to move you into a series of yoga-like stretches. Many people say Thai massage is like doing yoga without any physical strain by practitionar . Muscle compression, joint mobilization, and acupressure are also used during treatment. People describe Thai massage as both relaxing and energizing.
- Aroma means a nice soothing fragrance, so Aroma Therapy uses essential oils extracted from herbs, flowers and fruits to naturally enhance the benefits of massage. Before each session begins, you can choose one of four unique oil blends to be added to your massage lotion. It Promotes circulation, helps aid tissue recovery and decreases pain, Specifically designed to promote circulation, this warming blend of Aroma Therapy includes clove, sweet birch, rosemary and cypress helps aid tissue recovery after physical exertion. Additionally, the unique combination of aromatics is traditionally used to decrease pain in muscles and joints
Hot stone therapy
- Hot stone massage uses Lava stones which is collected and shaped from volcanic eruption. In this the therapist uses smooth, heated stones on different parts of the client body, or by placing them on the body while they massage other parts of the body. This massage is to relax tense muscles, relieve pain and stiffness and improve circulation. The treatment can be used for ailments like muscular aches, arthritic conditions and autoimmune disorders. Those who do hot stone massage can customize the treatment to a client's specific needs and preferences.
Indian head massage
- The Indian head massage is the only known style of head massage style and it developed in India as a part of Kalary tradition, a martial arts technique in Southern part of India, also known as "champi”, is based on the ancient Ayurvedic form of healing that dates back almost 4,000 years. It works the upper three chakras: vishuddha, ajna, and sahasrara,  and can be used for physical harmony, for healing, for vitality. This technique is very useful for reliving tension from the thought level. Now the Indian head massage is an unavoidable part in any full body massage routine. Ayurveda uses this technique as a poorva karma for any swedana treatment.
Manicure & pedicure
- Among many cosmetic treatments we can get from a beauty salon, we will explain a notion of service called manicure & pedicure. In broader sense, manicure is a type of treatment which is targeted an area like your hand. When you order this service, manicure will incorporate cuticles and the fingernails as well as some other treatment like nail polish. On the other hand, pedicure is targeted your feet, which incorporates the softening and the toenails, as well as removal of calluses. So in the end, body treatment is a term that not merely connected with types of service which will enhance the appearance of your hair or your face. Given the fact on which manicure and pedicure are existed, it is safer to assume that you will get more beauty if you also hire such service when you come to a beauty salon.
- Facial is the basic beauty treatment and is universal. There are various types of facial treatments available according to the skin condition. The main aims of any facial are the up liftment of the facial muscles and the purification of the skin texture. This is done by special skin test and different procedures called facial. A facial includes skin text, consultation with client, cleansing methods, exfoliation, steaming, removal of black and white heads, face massage, face pack, moister application etc. How ever this training enable the student to understand the steps of facial and is having chance to learn about different electrical devises.
- Body scrub is coming as a part of detoxification treatment in which the dead sells and a granular, herbal cream applied on whole body in specially modified strokes is removed dirt accumulated on body. After this treatment the skin is so clean and the pores would be opened. The skin gets more glow and would be able to breath more fresh air to nourish deeply. Body scrub is a part of beauty treatment and is having wide demand. This luxurious treatment gives way for the body polish or wrap. It is advisable to do this treatment once in a month as the upper layer changes every 27 days or it would be harmful for the skin. It is a must to conduct body polish after any body scrub.
Body Polish (Wrap)
- This treatment is actually the application of herbal paste all over the body to improve the skin texture and glow. This is advisable after a body scrub or exfoliation treatment. However it can be performed with out any basic treatment and have many effects on body based on the product applied. Pappaya paste is the best for releasing the toxins from the circulatory system. After the application of the paste the body will be tightly wrapped with cotton bandages or plastic sheets specially maid for this purpose. This will help the body to cause detoxification and quick weight loss through vasodilation. These types of "slimming" body wraps, which result in the loss of weight and inches, are common and most demanded in spas and beauty saloons.
Hawaiian Lomilomi Massage
- Lomilomi massage is the Hawaiian traditional massage style and is widely practiced in Europe and America. Now a day this style is widely spearing in to Asian countries also. Lomi means massage, to rub, press, and squeeze, to work in and out, as the claws of a contented cat. Lomilomi is a holistic healing tradition beyond simple massage its having spiritual significance also. Perhaps reading Hawaiian books can best understand this, which describes about the healing procedures of Hawaii They believe the old pattern of stress is the reason for the diseases and will be cured by smooth ruthenic movements done by Kaguna (the priest). Any way this technic is one of the best style of massage to release the physical stress. The reason for this is that it works gently yet deeply into the muscles with continuous, flowing strokes, totally nurturing the body and, enabling the recipient to relax, and be in a different world.
- We may have had facial massage as part of a salon facial. Feels great, right? The beauty of it, though, is that you can take advantage of the health benefits of a face massage at home (or anywhere), even just to relax when you’re stressed out. As skin ages, it loses elasticity and firmness. Massage won’t reverse the ageing process but it can boost blood flow, adding a healthy glow while nourishing skin and facial muscles. It can also speed removal of toxins, which play havoc with skin texture, and it tones and lifts muscles to give a youthful look.
- After successful completion of the course the students will be provided with an internationally valid certificate with that he/she will be authorised to perform all spa and beauty therapies in a spa or wellness centre. Ispaa prvide guarenteed placement in well known spas and the student will also be able to upgrade as head therapist, assistent manager or any higher executive level post after acquiring enough experience